Do you want to know the process to get into Linksys router login page? If you nod in yes, then this hoe-to post will provide you 3 easy steps to get into Linksys router’s web user interface without any hassle. Let’s take the plunge!
What’s in the Post?
- Check points before accessing the Linksys router’s web user interface
- Linksys router reset in case your forgot or lost its admin password
- Setting up your Linksys router after logging in successfully
Let’s delve in!
Things to remember prior to access the Linksys Router Login Page
- Right of the bat, use hardwired connection. Connect your Linksys router to your modem using an Ethernet cable. Ensure to establish a stable connection between your devices in order to avoid unnecessary login issues.
- If you are connecting your Linksys router to the modem wirelessly, make sure to connect to your home network only. Connected to someone else network might give you many issues apart from login.
- Before accessing the router’s login page, make sure that your Linksys device is powered on.
- Place your Linksys router in the area of your home where you get no or poor internet connectivity.
Now, let’s have a quick glance at steps given below to access the Linksys router login page without hindrance.
Accessing the Linksys Router Web Interface
Note: The steps highlighted below may vary depending on the operating system (OS) of your computer/ laptop or the model and version of the Linksys router you are using.
Launch a web browser on your WiFi-enabled device and enter the default Linksys router IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1 in the URL bar field and press the Enter key.
Enter the default Linksys router password in the field provided. On the off chance if you changed or personalized the Linksys router admin password, use that instead.
Note: You will need to reset your Linksys device in case you lost or forgot your router’s password.
Congrats! You are into the Linksys router login page. You can now change the router’s settings as per your preference. It is also advisable to change your router’s default password in order to avoid unauthorized access over your home network.
Important: Your device web user interface might have a different appearance when using newer models of routers or Linksys Velop.
After logging in and changing the settings, go for the Linksys router setup process and get the high-speed and uninterrupted internet all over your house of workplace.
Setting Up Linksys Router After Logging In Successfully
- Connect your Linksys router to the modem using an Ethernet cable.
- Plug your Linksys router to the power outlet. Make sure the router’s LEDs are stable.
- Launch a web browser and enter the router’s default IP Address in the Address bar.
Note: For setting up Linksys extender, extender.linksys.com is the default web address.
- You will be prompted with a window asking for Linksys router login password.
- Click on Wireless tab and post that, select the Manual option.
- Enter your router’s SSID and password.
- Click on Save Settings to apply the changes.
Resetting Your Linksys Router
- Power on your Linksys router and disconnect it from your modem.
- Find the reset hole on your Linksys router and push it using a paper clip.
- Hold the Linksys router reset hole for some time and release it.
- Your Linksys router resets successfully.
- Now, you can set up your Linksys router again using the instructions given above.
These were the 3 easy steps through which you can easily log in to your Linksys router. In case of more assistance, make yourself confortable to contact our technical department anytime.