If you are going to rent a car in Dubai for making your trip the best. Obviously, you would like to have a car on a good budget. You will also expect the best services from the rental companies. If you want the car on rent then there are many rental companies in Dubai. If You want your trip perfect, you should keep in mind the following tips during car rental in Dubai.
1. Bring extras with yourself
Sometimes you need more money than you expected for traveling a car, and most of the car rental companies are ready for you to provide the best rental services for your vacation. To save money easily during your journey, you can bring some extra from your home. For example, instead of using GPS from the company you rented, simply use the Google Maps app on your smartphone to navigate, as long as it doesn’t kill your data plan. The same thing goes with satellite radio. Some persons think that renting online will save them time. They will be able to spend more time on tour. However, you will have to pay a daily fee for the easiness, even if you use these each day. Consider the budget when deciding whether to cross the budget line.
2. Use a credit card for Renting a Vehicle
Renting a car in Dubai is a five-finger exercise, but make sure you use a credit card when bringing out your vehicles. If you use a bank card, an authorization fee you have to pay at that time, and additional assets will be considered for additional holdings. Rental companies use it to check your credit score when using a bank card to ensure you are able to pay any costs or not, even recently most of the companies have changed their terms and policies in this regard. If you prefer a bank card for renting a car, call the company or use the internet to see what the terms and conditions are so that you do not end up with an unpredicted deposit.
3. What to Do When Go for Rental Car
- You have to bring your ID, confirmation number, and credit card. The rental company would ask to see your driver’s license and credit card. And whether you’ll be having it at the counter or a trading post dedicated to the rental car company’s staff, it’s always beneficial to have the rental confirmation in your hand so that you could avoid facing any problem.
- I would like to give you a tip that always favors pick-up and return time. Rental car agencies are guaranteed for the pickup time given to you. If you will pick up early or return late you have to pay some extra charges. Depending upon the term and conditions of different companies. Keep in mind that the staff would not keep the office open for you if you’re coming late.
- Check the vehicle carefully. Before you start your journey on the car and drive off the lot, check the vehicle’s glass, exterior, and interior with care. Take photos of any scratches or other damage that you find and ask the rental car company to record it before you leave. Don’t miss any scratch or damage by considering it small.
- The rental company might offer you some extra cheer-up such as toll passes, prepaid fuel,or satellite radio. Those conveniences may sound like great things but the company will charge extra money for this. My advice is that just say no to the company for these extra.
4. Age factor affect the cost
Although your 19 years old son or daughter may have an ultra-clean driving record, but car rental companies have terms and conditions and don’t care. Rental companies see you only as an answer for their virtue. Although young drivers can afford to rent cars for 19 or 20 years, they will have to give extra if they are under age mentioned in the company’s conditions.
5. Sit on paved streets
Suppose you want to trip to an impressive part of Dubai that has no road for it. Both are off-road, and both can break your rent agreement. If you stop getting stuck in the mud by chance with a rental car in an area where you don’t have the permissions to drive, the costs of getting the car out of mud and cleaning you have to pay. The company will not give any favor in this respect. So you have to keep in mind the rental company’s terms. If you want to save your money.
6. Limit additional drivers
Whether you are going on the trip with friends or with your family, the number of drivers should be limited if you want to save some extra charges. You will have to pay a daily extra fee for every additional driver even if they end up driving during the rental duration. However, in some cases, the rental companies will not charge the extra fee. But I’ll suggest you read the terms of the company so that you may not charge extra charges for any misunderstanding.
7. Review your car insurance policy
While rental cost covers the actual cost of the rent only, it does not protect the rented car in the case of an accident. Before taking the insurance option given to you by the rental agent read about everything related to the budget that is involved in insurance. You can get insurance for your car from any agency, but if you will get car insurance at the rental company is very high, and should only be used once you have exhausted all other options. Look at your car insurance, which can also cover rent. You should also give your credit card company a phone call, as most of them offer some form of car rental insurance as a credit card.
Thanks for reading. Hopefully, it will help to make your trip the best in Dubai. Give your review in the comment section.