Parents always find it challenging to choose the right board for their children. With lots of options available around the world, it makes the process harder. It is considered as one of the vital decisions. Parents mostly depend on the internet with most of the queries related to the information of various boards. But, there is a very little unbiased information available related to various boards available in the country.
Few parents look upto counsellors to guide them in finding the perfect board for their children. In India the most prestigious and recognized boards are The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), The Indian School Certificate Examination (ICSE) and State Boards. Each one of these boards have their own curriculum and teaching perspectives. In each state they have their own recognized State Boards such as Maharashtra Board, Tamil Nadu Board, etc. For students of Tamil Nadu Board they can refer to Samacheer Kalvi Books available for every subject and class wise.
In this article, we are going to discuss the advantages of studying under State Boards.
Few Benefits of Studying Under State Boards
- State Board functions in all states and union territories under the Education ministry. Each state and union territory has its own personalised syllabus. Every state board has its own set of subjects. For parents those who don’t want to move out of their state for them state boards makes it the ideal board.
- The syllabus includes subjects which discuss the long lost culture of the state and India. This knowledge is confined to their respective boards which can’t be studied in other boards. Thus, make it ideal for parents who want their children to learn these things.
- The State Board provides the most affordable education with an ample number of schools affiliated to it using the same curriculum. Parents who can’t afford expensive schools can get admitted to State Boards.
- The State Board covers a vast syllabus which provides detailed information about each topic and subtopic. It is designed in such a way that provides students with enough knowledge and male them well-versed in two-three languages. This vast syllabus helps students when they choose a stream for their future studies.
- In comparison to other Boards, State Boards follows a light syllabus. State Boards along with studies also give importance to extracurricular activities. Few State Boards provides extra marks if students excel in their extracurricular activities.
- State Board includes subjects like Maths, English, Science, Social Science, etc which helps them in their daily life.
- Some State Boards offers scholarship to students those who achieve a certain percentage in their state board exam. This help them to pursue higher studies without any financial stress.
- Students passing out from State Boards find it easier to score high marks in public exams like the Civil Service Exam.
We can conclude by saying that State Board also provides quality education like CBSE and ICSE Boards. Every state board has its own way of teaching and follows their own prescribed textbooks. For example: Students those who are preparing for their Tamil Nadu Board Class 10 exam can refer to Samacheer Kalvi 10th books to clear their doubts.