Is the LED on your Linksys WiFi range extender blinking red? Did you try rebooting your wireless device but it didn’t work for you? Well, worry not. You might be facing the Linksys extender red light issue because of the following reasons:
- Your wireless extender is not receiving enough power supply from the wall socket.
- The Ethernet connection between your Linksys extender and router is not stable.
- The signals of your device are getting interfered stopping it from performing well.
- You haven’t updated the firmware of your Linksys extender for quite some time.
- Your Linksys extender is placed far away from your home router.
Considering now you know why the LED on your extender is blinking red, take the help of the troubleshooting tips mentioned below and learn how to fix the issue.
Solved: Linksys Extender Red Light Issue
- Check the Power Supply
Start by checking the power supply of your Linksys extender. Chances are that your wireless device is not receiving an adequate power supply from the wall socket. Perhaps, the wall socket is damaged.
To get rid of the issue, it is recommended that you plug your Linksys wireless range extender into another wall socket.
- Verify the Ethernet Connection
If the Ethernet cable connecting your Linksys extender and the WiFi router is not damage-free, then too you can get entangled in this mess. Therefore, make sure that the Ethernet cable connecting your devices is not worn out or damaged from anywhere.
Additionally, make sure that the connection between your devices is finger-tight.
- Bring Your WiFi Devices Closer
Apart from ensuring a secure connection between your Linksys extender and router, you also need to make sure that both your devices are placed in close proximity.
If your extender is not placed in the same room as that of the router, then it is recommended that you change that right away.
- Avoid WiFi Interference
Make sure that your Linksys wireless range extender is placed far away from devices and appliances like cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, refrigerators, microwave ovens, fish tanks, mirrors, treadmills, televisions, etc.
Also, avoid placing your extender in corners and near thick concrete walls.
- Perform Linksys Firmware Update
Another thing that you can do to get rid of the Linksys extender red light issue is to update the firmware of your wireless device to the latest version.
So, follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how to perform Linksys extender firmware update:
- Plug your Linksys extender into a wall outlet and power it on.
- Wait for the LED on your Linksys device to turn green.
- Then, connect the Linksys extender and the existing router.
- Once a strong connection between your devices has been established, switch on your computer or laptop.
- Launch an internet browser.
- In the address bar of the internet browser, type the default web address.
- Press the Enter key.
- The Linksys extender login page will come into view.
- Fill in the default username and password and click Log In.
- On the dashboard, head over to the Settings option.
- Click Advanced and select Firmware Update.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete performing Linksys extender firmware update.
In this manner, you’ll be able to update the firmware of your wireless device to the latest version. Once done with the process, check whether you are still experiencing the Linksys extender red light issue.
If even after following the aforementioned troubleshooting tips, you’re facing the Linksys extender red light issue, then it is recommended that you perform factory default reset. Resetting your device will surely help you get rid of the red light issue. As soon as you have finished resetting your device, it is recommended that you perform Linksys extender setup.