In this era of digitization, we have a software solution for almost everything; be it managing papers or business processes, you can get it all done digitally.
OCR is a similar tool that helps users convert text locked on images, PDFs, scanned documents, and even paper into workable and editable versions via text extraction and recognition.
Be it a typed recommendation letter or handwritten notes; an OCR can efficiently create editable digitized copies of all the documents in seconds.
Must to check – HK SEO Service!
But why do you need it?
Well, an OCR functionality can be beneficial, especially when it comes to document management systems. It can allow you to:
- Store workable digitized copies of documents.
- Become efficient by eliminating the need to create document copies manually.
- To facilitate the process of document indexing.
Now that we know what an OCR is and how it works, let’s go ahead and discuss a few available options.
5 best OCR Software with Text Extraction 2022
dox2U is a cloud-based document management system that aims to make digitization accessible at large to all businesses, irrespective of size, by breaking down the barriers to entry with pay-as-you-go plans.
The DMS comes with many advanced functionalities and is one of the most preferred choices of businesses since it also comes with many security features.
Pros of dox2U:
- dox2U comes with a freemium plan, one of the most significant advantages of opting for this software.
- No upfront payments are required since the software operates on a pay-as-you-go model.
- Filter and content-based search powered by the OCR engine assist the information retrieval process.
- The software prioritizes the security of its users as it offers tools like Audit Logs and Granular Access Control, which help define user access levels and ensure notifying the admins of the activities being performed on the shared files.
- Provides a shared repository of documents for transparency.
Cons of dox2U:
- It brings ease of operations which gets addictive.
Google Doc AI
Another great OCR software with text extraction capability is Google Doc AI. The software allows the users to process a variety of documents and several formats while ensuring the accuracy of output with its robust AI.
With its advanced functionalities, the software can help you deal with high overhead costs and legal and financial compliances. One of the noteworthy things about Google Doc AI is that it can help you read and gather both structured and unstructured information from images, PDFs and documents quickly.
Pros of Google Doc AI:
- It’s very easy to use and supports the scaling of businesses.
- Reduces additional steps involved in manual business operations.
- The probability of human errors is eliminated.
Cons of Google Doc AI:
- The AI model will need recurring support from professionals.
- Customizations with APIs will require additional energy and time too.
Adobe Acrobat Pro
Adobe Acrobat Pro is a comprehensive solution with robust OCR functionalities and a document processor with many essential features like indexing, text editing, indexing, and more.
Specifically created to cater to the needs of businesses, Adobe Acrobat Pro is exceptionally efficient and compatible with both Windows and Mac OS.
Pros of Adobe Acrobat Pro:
- The software has a credible foot in the industry and is also considered highly reliable.
- You will be able to integrate with other Adobe suite softwares to set up a seamless workflow.
Cons of Adobe Acrobat Pro:
- To leverage certain functionalities of the software, you will need to pay additional charges and upgrade to premium packages.
- Not the most suitable option since accuracy is a little compromised here.
Next on our list of Best OCR Software with Text Extraction is Docsumo. It is another AI-driven tool that helps automate different processes, like data capture and extraction, of varied types and formats of documents. The software leverages a number of technologies like OCR and AI to provide accurate outputs and create different versions of these documents.
Some of the most praiseworthy functionalities of Docsumo are batch processing, robust AI, data extraction, and OCR powered engine.
Pros of Docsumo:
- It is a highly-configurable solution.
- 24×7 active customer support.
- Facilitates integration for better workflows.
Cons of Docsumo:
- The solution is not scalable.
- The pricing of this solution is quote-based.
Last but not least, we have Readiris. The software helps users convert text locked on images, PDFs, and files into workable and indexable versions. It’s a user-centric software that helps process various formats in clicks and seconds. Apart from creating editable versions of these documents, Readiris can sign, edit and merge documents digitally.
Pros of Readiris:
- The software is highly accurate with outputs.
- It’s incredibly user-friendly.
Cons of Readiris:
- It could come as a pricey alternative to some.
With this, we wrap our list of Best OCR Software with Text Extraction 2022. Each one of them has something worth looking out for. However, we suggest you check out dox2U first since it comes with a freemium model and is extremely reliable.
Also check – SEO Service!