Are you bothered by connectivity issues with your Netgear WiFi extender? Unable to connect your PC or laptop to Netgear_ext? If you nod yes, you have arrived at the right post. Here, we have covered connectivity internet issues with Netgear extender along with their relevant solutions. Keep reading!
Resolved: WiFi Connectivity Issues With Netgear Extender
Unable to Connect to Netgear Extender SSID
If you are unable to connect to Netgear_ext, make sure that you have enable the extender SSID.
To check if your extender is broadcasting its SSID:
- Connect a router to the extender using an Ethernet cable.
- Navigate to the GUI of your Netgear extender using www.mywifiext.net.
- Enter your extender’s username and password when prompted.
- Go to WiFi Settings and check if “Enable 2.4GHz Wi-Fi” or “Enable 5GHz Wi-Fi” and “Broadcast this Network name (SSID)” are checked. In case they are not, check them and click Save to apply the changes.
Keeping your router connected to the extender, open a web browser, connect your device to Netgear-ext, visit www.mywifiext.net and see if you can access the login page.
Netgear Extender Power LED Flashing for too Long
This issue usually appears when your extender is not receiving continuous and active internet connection from your main router. To get this issue fixed, do the following:
- Place your Netgear extender in reach of your router.
- Also, remember that your router shouldn’t be hidden inside a cupboard or placed in a corner.
- Place your Netgear extender on a higher and center location as well.
- Keep your router and the Netgear device away from thick walls, doors, aluminium studs, windows, etc.
- Contact our experts to suggest the best placement for your Netgear extender and router.
Netgear Extender Keeps Losing Internet
Bear in mind, if your Netgear range extender is running an obsolete version of firmware, you may experience this type of issue. To prevent this, search for any updates available for your Netgear extender on mywifiext setup page.
Check the Power
If your Netgear extender and router aren’t getting enough power supply then also you may suffer with WiFi connectivity issue. So, to stop this, provide your devices a steady and uninterrupted power supply.
Adjust the Antenna’s
Antennas also play an important role for fixing WiFi connectivity issues with your Netgear extender. So, make sure to adjust the antennas of your Netgear extender properly. If you live in a big house, switch to omnidirectional antenna. And if you have a small home, adjust your existing extender’s antenna in straight-vertical position.
To check internet connectivity after apply this process, open a web browser and visit extender login page via www.mywifiext.net.
Change the SSID, Password, and Security Settings of Your Netgear Extender
This is the most important step to fix a number of WiFi connectivity issues with your Netgear extender. If you keep the SSID, password, and security settings of your Netgear extender as default, then anyone can have access your home network, resulting in poor connectivity.
To prevent this from happening, do the following:
- Connect your Netgear extender to the router wirelessly of using an Ethernet cable.
- Open web browser such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera Mini, or Google Chrome.
- Enter www.mywifiext.net. For Apple, iPhone, iPad or iOS devices use mywifiext local.
- On the extender login page, type admin name and password and click on Log In
- On Netgear Genie setup wizard, click on Settings then select Wireless Settings option.
- Enter the Network Name (SSID) and then, under WiFi Password, select “Use a different password” and select your preferred “Security Type”.
- Enter your Netgear extender password.
- Click on Save.
We hope that the fixes given in this post have helped you fix WiFi connectivity issues with your Netgear extender? If you still can’t connect to Netgear-ext and can’t make the most out of your extender, feel free to reach us anytime via comments.