Types Of Gambling That Will Be More Popular In 2022
Speaking about gambling trends in 2022, we can immediately indicate that the year will be marked by growth, which began during the pandemic. The latter moved many areas of our life into cyberspace. In addition, many were forced to focus their attention on new ways of making money. While land-based casinos were inaccessible, online casinos attracted new customers. No wonder many gambling portals were opened.
General Trends in Gambling
When it comes to the 2022 trends regarding the development of online gambling, the following should be noted:
- Investments by large companies. The pandemic encouraged big capital to consider the prospects for the development of online entertainment, in particular, free bonus slot games.
- The development of artificial intelligence. Of course, artificial intelligence has been in development for a long time, but it is in 2022 that we see the integration of AI technology into online gambling, which, in turn, is a consequence of large financial investments.
- What does AI bring to the average gambler? First of all, it is a high (unprecedented) degree of personalization of the offered gambling content based on an in-depth analysis of preferences. In addition, the robot acts as the first line of support for users, answering the most typical questions (which make up 90% of appeals). And only if the artificial intelligence failed, a live support specialist gets involved. It is interesting that modern software can communicate with players not only in text chat but also have a conversation over the phone, understand speech, and answer with a synthesized voice
- No less important function of the cybernetic assistant is the battle against fraud in online gambling. By analyzing the actions of players, the robot easily uncovers the typical schemes of illicit enrichment, and then temporarily blocks the suspects, reporting the identified problem to security officers.
These are the most notable trends. And what types of gambling will be relevant in 2022?
Even today you have to try hard to find a casino that does not work with cryptocurrencies. It is safe to say that the trend of the implementation of cryptocurrency in gambling will continue and intensify in 2022 and beyond. The number of users wishing to make a deposit in cryptocurrency and withdraw the prize to a crypto-wallet will only increase. This is facilitated by improvements in blockchain management techniques, which increase the level of trust in crypto and simplify the process of transactions with such assets.
Unlike traditional ways of money circulation, it is a cryptocurrency that fully guarantees the anonymity of the payer. This is a great way to keep transactions secret, whatever the reason for such a desire. This is especially relevant for countries where gambling is prohibited. These are primarily Islamic countries, where anything that has to do with gambling is strict haram, and also countries like China and USA, where online gambling is not prohibited.
VR- and AR-Gambling
And this is really a novelty. Although augmented and virtual realities have become common in the gambling industry. They started to penetrate into gambling only recently. Mainly, such technologies are in demand in portals offering live gambling services, for instance, Planet7 Casino. This establishment offers games with live croupiers via high-speed video chat. Using the capabilities of virtual and augmented realities enables users to experience the effect of presence.
The use of AR and VR technologies will certainly help to attract new users to gambling, including the youth audience.
At first glance, this niche has already been fully occupied – everyone knows the benefits of online gambling with mobile gadgets. After all, in this case, the required things include:
- mobile device – smartphone or tablet;
- connection to the World Wide Web via mobile Internet coverage or Wi-Fi access point;
- optional application installed on your device – you can do with the mobile version of the website.
Nowadays, it is almost impossible to find an online casino that does not provide the opportunity to play via mobile phones. Moreover, many Asian gambling portals have no desktop version at all. However, it is believed that mobile gambling has not yet reached its full potential.
It is expected that mobile gambling will be developed through the already mentioned technology of virtual and augmented realities, which will open up entirely new opportunities to players.
This is another example of an area where it would seem difficult to surprise players. Gambling and betting traditionally walk hand in hand. However, new trends have also shown up here.
Cybersport is the competition of cyber athletes. The discipline and playing field in this case is a computer game. The most popular disciplines include Counter-Strike, StarCraft, DOTA, and others.
Virtual sport is a simulation of a sports competition that takes place inside a computer “brain” without the participation of real athletes. The main advantage is that virtual sports can take place virtually 24 hours a day, at any time of the year, with no breaks or weekends.
So, let’s summarize what online gambling trends are coming to reality in 2022:
|Trend||Forecast for 2022|
|Crypto gambling||A significant increase in players who prefer to deposit funds and withdraw their winnings in cryptocurrency is expected. The number of crypto-assets in use is also predicted to increase.|
|VR- and AR-gambling||The introduction of augmented and virtual reality technologies in gambling is expected mainly in the field of live games.|
|Mobile gambling||The main trend of mobile gambling in 2022 will be the symbiosis of gadgets with the capabilities of augmented and virtual realities.|
|Cybergambling||More and more bettors will turn their attention to virtual and cybersport in 2022.|
In general, it is safe to say that online gambling will remain a promising object for investments, bringing a steady profit in 2022.