Is the Netgear authentication error has become a headache for you! Looking for a solution to fix the issue? If so, then this post can be of great help!
First of all, let us make you familiar with the term “Netgear authentication error”.
Note: In this post, we are taking an example of Netgear N300 extender. But, you can use this guide to fix the Netgear authentication error for any Netgear extender model.
What is Netgear Authentication Error?
Netgear authentication error means that the password (passphrase) or network key you are entering to connect your N300 range extender to the router is incorrect. On the other hand, chances are that the extender password is correct but the user/ admin name is incorrect.
Don’t sweat over it! In this piece of writing, we will provide you one of the best fixes to resolve the Netgear authentication error in a fly. Let’s get the ball rolling!
Fix: Netgear Authentication Error
Fix 1: Restart Your Netgear N300 Extender
What you are supposed to do when your computer, laptop or mobile device stop working suddenly? You restart or reboot it right? Same is the case with your Netgear N300 extender. This is exactly you need to do with your N300 in order to fix the Netgear authentication error with ease. Restarting/ rebooting or power cycling your N300 device can help you fix many big issues apart from the authentication error.
Follow the steps highlighted below in order to power cycle your Netgear N300 extender:
- Unplug your Netgear N300 extender from the power source.
- Wait for at least 2-3 minutes.
- Now, plug your Netgear extender back into a working and damaged-free wall socket.
- Connect your range extender to your home router.
- Now, access www mywifiext net n300 setup page.
Are you still struggling with Netgear authentication error? If you nod in yes, then instead of banging your head against a wall try our next troubleshooting tactic outlined underneath.
Fix 2: Type the Extender Login Password Correctly
As we mentioned earlier, if you are entering the wrong extender password or network key then it can be one of the major reasons behind the Netgear authentication error. Therefore, make sure to enter the correct Netgear N300 extender login password.
Things to keep in mind prior to entering the extender password/ network key:
- Cross-check the extender password after entering it.
- Avoid making any typing errors.
- Enter the extender’s username and password into the correct fields.
- See the Netgear extender manual to get complete details about N300 login credentials.
If you keep the points listed above in mind while entering the N300 password, you will be surely be able to fix Netgear authentication error. To check if the issue is fixed, try to access the www mywifiext net n300 using 192.168.1.250 IP.
Fix 3: Update N300 Firmware
A regularly performed Netgear extender firmware update process is important for your device to work smoothly. Bear in mind, if the firmware on your N300 device is outdated, then you will surely come across Netgear authentication error. If you really want to fix the error, you need to update Netgear extender firmware.
Walk through the instructions outlined underneath and know how to update Netgear N300 firmware:
- First things first, connect your extender to the router.
- Log in to your Netgear extender using 192.168.1.250.
- When the Netgear extender login screen appears, click on Settings.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Fix 4: Reset Netgear N300 Extender – The Ultimate Fix
- Make sure to plug your Netgear N300 extender into a working wall outlet.
- Disconnect all the connected devices from your extender.
- Once done, locate the N300 reset hole.
- Press it using an oil pin, paper clip, or pin.
- Hold it carefully and release it.
After resetting, you can perform the Netgear extender setup process again using 192.168.1.250 IP address and the default login credentials.
Still getting Netgear authentication error? If yes, feel free to drop your queries into the comments section.