Linksys RE6500 WiFi range extender is one of the best solutions to revamp weak WiFi signals strength in home or office. If you want to repeat the wireless range of your existing router or access point, you need to connect them.
What’s in the post?
Easy-to-execute ways for connecting WiFi range extender and the router
Steps to set up your Linksys RE6500 WiFi range extender
Troubleshooting tips if you somehow fail to connect your Linksys extender to the router
Let’s dive in!
Before you begin with the process, make sure you’ve done the following:
- Linksys extender WiFi network name (SSID)
- WiFi Channel
- Linksys extender login password
Now, let’s get started with the process:
- Plug in your Linksys RE6500 Extender into a working wall outlet and ensure to provide it a steady power supply.
- Don’t forget to choose the location for your Linksys extender near to your WiFi router.
Done with the above mention steps? If yes, then move onto other ones.
Choose the Right Location
- To complete the process without any hassle, it is important to locate your Linksys extender and the router at the middle location of your house on a higher and cool surface.
- Once done with the location process, grab an Ethernet cable and connect your router to the Linksys extender.
- As soon you connect your devices with each other, the power LED on them will start blinking and will become stable after a couple of seconds.
Thus, in this way you can connect your Linksys RE6500 extender and the router without any hassle.
Connecting your Linksys extender and the router is not enough to revamp your WiFi range, setting RE6500 is also important.
For Linksys extender setup, follow the instructions given below:
- On a PC or laptop, launch a web browser and enter extender.linksys.com in the address bar.
- Press Enter.
- You will be prompted to Log In.
- Enter the extender’s admin password and click on Log In.
- Locate the Wireless tab. Once found, click on Basic Wireless Settings.
- Click on Manual button and enter your router’s SSID.
- Head over to the Wireless Security section. Enter the passphrase and click on Save Settings.
- Unplug your Linksys extender and the router for a short while. Plug in your main router, wait for the LEDs to become stable and then plug in your Linksys extender.
Fab! You have successfully complete Linksys RE6500 setup process. You can plug in your Linksys extender anywhere in your house. But make sure to place RE6500 in reach of your router’s WiFi network.
Now, stop worrying about slow and sluggish WiFi signals. The internet signals have been boosted up to 20 percent after connecting your Linksys extender to the router. So, what are you waiting for? Grab a cup of tea and enjoy streaming movies on Netflix or Amazon with your soul mate or children at the backyard or courtyard of your house.
In the event if you fail to connect your Linksys extender to the router or fail to set up RE6500, then try to restart them. Power cycle or restart can fix many big or small issues with your devices.
How to Perform the Power Cycle Process?
- Turn off your Linksys extender and the router.
- Wait for at least 5 minutes.
- Plug in your router.
- Wait for 2 minutes.
- Plug in your Linksys extender.
Open a web browser and have access to extender linksys com web page. Here, you can change the extender’s setting as per your choice.
Still the Same?
If the issue remains the same and you still can’t connect your Linksys extender to the router, ensure that the latest firmware version is up-to-date on them. Installing the firmware version (whenever available) fixes many big issues, enhance security, and add new features to your devices.