Netgear routers are the most preferred choice among users. However, being technical devices, they are susceptible to various issues. One of them is the ‘Netgear router keeps rebooting’ issue. If your Netgear router is also giving you a hard time by rebooting continuously, then you need not worry,because in this article, we have listed various tips and tricks to resolve the issue with ease. Continue reading.
Fixed: Netgear Router Keeps Rebooting
- Relocate Your Netgear Router
During the routerlogin.net setup process, users are advised to choose an ideal location for their routers. Probably, you have forgotten to do so that is leading you to the ‘Netgear router keeps rebooting’ issue. So, it is time to relocate your WiFi device. Remember not to place your Netgear router in a corner or near a concrete wall. Besides, keep the following points in mind while relocating your router:
- Ensure that your Netgear router is placed in a well-ventilated area.
- Keep your Netgear router away from mirrors, fish tanks, and reflexive surfaces.
- Additionally, do not place your Netgear router near metal objects or electronic gadgets.
- Avoid Overheating of Router
The overheating of your router is also one of the reasons behind the ‘Netgear router keeps rebooting’ issue. Your Netgear router can overheat if it is accumulated with heavy files and processor baggage. Thus, avoid overheating of your Netgear router by clearing the baggage up as soon as possible.
Also, consider clearing vents of the router so that the air flow occurs properly.
- Check the Power Connections
You might be witnessing constant reboot of your Netgear router due to an unstable power supply. To fix this, shift your attention to the power socket into which you have plugged your Netgear router. If it is damaged, consider plugging your WiFi device into another wall socket.
Apart from that, avoid powering up your Netgear wireless router using a surge protector.
- Update the Firmware
The outdated firmware of your WiFi device is also one of the reasons behind the ‘Netgear router keeps rebooting’ issue. Updating the firmware regularly adds new features to your router and maintains the security at peak levels. It also smoothens the router’s performance and prevents freezing of your WiFi device. Thus, performing Netgear firmware update is essential. Below-mentioned are the instructions that you should follow to update the router’s firmware:
- Connect your Netgear WiFi router to the modem using a wireless source or an Ethernet cable.
- Now, launch an updated web browser on your computer and access www.routerlogin.net
- Fill the default admin details of your Netgear router into the required fields when prompted to login.
- Click the Log In button.
- As soon as the Netgear Genie setup wizard appears, click Advanced > Administration.
- Head over to the Firmware Update option and click it to check if a new firmware is available for your device.
- If a new version of firmware is available, follow the on-screen commands and let your Netgear router update.
If performing Netgear firmware update doesn’t resolve the issue for you, then chances are that your router is not configured properly.
Note: You can also update your router’s firmware by accessing the 192.168.1.1 IP address.
- Reset the Netgear Router
To configure your router properly, you need to perform its factory default reset first. Bear in mind that doing so will erase the personalized settings from your Netgear router including the SSID and network key. Therefore, consider taking the backup of your router’s settings.
Now, let’s have a look at the steps to restore your Netgear router to factory default settings:
- Ensure that your Netgear wireless router is getting a continuous electricity supply.
- Now, look for the Reset button on your wireless router.
- Once found, press the button using a sharp object.
Your Netgear router will get restored to factory default settings. So, you have to configure it from scratch by accessing the routerlogin page. This time you’ll definitely be able to resolve the issue.
The Bottom Line
This was all about how to fix the ‘Netgear router keeps rebooting’ issue. We hope you liked reading the article. If yes, then do not forget to leave a word of appreciation in the comment section.