Have you completed the Netgear router setup process properly? If yes, then you can connect multiple devices to its WiFi network and enjoy an uninterrupted internet connection in every nook and cranny of your house. To do so, there is a need to allow your Netgear router to broadcast the SSID (network name), so that your client devices can easily connect to your router’s network. But what if your Netgear router not broadcasting SSID. Need not to worry!
In this piece of writing, we will take the lid off from a number of troubleshooting tactics to fix Netgear router not broadcasting issue. Let’s get started!
Tips to Resolve Netgear Router Not Broadcasting SSID Issue
Power Cycle Your Netgear Router
In order to fix Netgear router not broadcasting SSID issue without wiping off any of its customized settings, you need to restart it once. To get the job done, follow the steps outlined underneath:
- Turn off your Netgear router.
- Wait for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Plug your Netgear router back in and turn it on.
Enable Your Netgear Router’s SSID
To access the www.routerlogin.net page, it is important to connect your client devices to your Netgear device’s SSID. For this, ensure that your router’s SSID isn’t disabled.
Check if the Settings of Your Netgear Router and Modem are Same
The default Netgear router login page helps you manage the settings of your device. Pull up an internet browser as per your liking on your client device and log in to your Netgear router using routerlogin.net.
After logging in successfully, ensure that your Netgear router has the same settings and password as that of your modem.
Check if Your Client Device Can Ping the Netgear Router
In order to perform the ping test, follow the steps given-below:
- Turn on your client device.
- Open the Command Prompt.
- Type Ping followed by the default Netgear router IP address.
- Bear in mind that your Netgear router must be connected to your modem using an Ethernet cable prior to performing the ping test.
Set Up Your Netgear Router Properly
If you have not configured your Netgear router completely and properly, then you will not be able to enjoy seamless WiFi connectivity. As a result, “Netgear router not broadcasting SSID” issue appears. So, to fix the issue, ensure to configure your Netgear device properly by following the instructions given on routerlogin.net setup page.
Update Your Router’s Firmware
On the off chance if the firmware on your Netgear router is outdated, then also you may encounter the issue. So, to fix the “Netgear router not broadcasting SSID” issue, make sure that the firmware on your Netgear router is up-to-date. Navigate to the routerlogin page for the latest firmware updates for your Netgear device.
Note: If you don’t know how to update Netgear router firmware, then it is highly- recommended to take help from our experts.
Reset Your Netgear Router
None of the above-mentioned troubleshooting tips helped you out in resolving the “Netgear router not broadcasting SSID” issue? Worry not! Consider resetting your Netgear router to the default factory settings as the last resort. Here’s now to reset your Netgear router:
- First things first, disconnect your Netgear router from your modem and the client devices.
- Then, make sure to apply a continuous and fluctuation-free power supply to your Netgear router.
- Now, locate the reset hole on your Netgear router and push it gently.
- Hole the reset hole for a couple of seconds and release it.
- The power LED on your Netgear router will start blinking. It indicates that the Netgear router reset process is successful.
After the reset process, take the plunge to configure it again using the default web address and Netgear router login details.
And with this step, hopefully the “Netgear router not broadcasting SSID” issue has been resolved. In case not, feel free to get in touch with us anytime.