In Singapore, the recent trend of mobile phone plans is to bundle a data plan with unlimited voice calls and SMS. However, it has been noticed that mobile operators have been trying to discourage these plans by imposing a minimum contracted period to reap more from your monthly subscription fees. (Can be locked in for 2 years plus)
Benefits of unlimited data plan sim only.
- No need to worry about exceeding your data bundle limit and incurring additional charges
- It can save you a lot of money in the long run, especially if you frequently exceed your data bundle limit.
- Any contract does not tie you down, so you are free to switch mobile operators or plans anytime you want.
- Speeds up your mobile data service as you do not need to constantly monitor your usage and possibly request for increased data bundle.
How to apply for unlimited data plan sim only
There are a few ways you can apply for an unlimited data plan sim only in Singapore. You can either go through the individual mobile operators or some third-party service providers.
However, the major downside to going through these third-party service providers is that they impose additional fees on top of your monthly subscription fee for the data plan. So, while it offers you unlimited mobile data, you might end up spending more than you would if you went directly with the mobile operators.
Another downside is that the services coverage offered by these third-party service providers is limited to specific areas in Singapore. So do check their website for a list of coverage before signing up.
What You Will Need:
- Mobile phone
- SIM card (with or without number)
- Credit card or bank account for direct debit
- Internet access
Visit also – loan management software
How to Apply:
Firstly, you need to identify the mobile operator that offers the best-unlimited data plan for your needs.
Next, get a SIM card from the operator’s designated dealer or online directly. As of writing, there are 2 SIM card packages to choose from.
- Once you have the SIM card in your hand, it’s time to activate your line. Connect it to your phone and switch it on.
- Next, you will need to use your mobile browser and go to the respective operator’s website, e.g., www.m1.com.sg. From there, you should be able to apply for an unlimited data plan, just like how you would subscribe yourself to any other mobile plan.
The application process is usually a breeze, and you can complete it within minutes. All you need is your credit card or bank account information for direct debit. After that, you are good to go!
With the current trend of unlimited data plans, there has never been a better time to switch to a mobile operator that offers the best deal for you. You get to save a lot of money, while getting unlimited data offers. By following the simple steps in this guide, you can be on your way to enjoying unlimited data at an affordable price!