Netgear router helps in boosting the range and coverage of your existing WiFi network. Thus, with Netgear router, you can enjoy the lag-free internet all over your house. In order to secure your Netgear router’s WiFi network, you must change its default admin details. However, a number of Netgear router users forget the default admin password of their device.
If you are also one of them, then you have landed at the right post. Here, in this post, we will make you familiar with the process on how to change Netgear router password. Continue reading!
Netgear Router Password Reset
If you want to reset your Netgear router admin password, follow the steps listed below in exact order:
- Right off the bat, turn on your Netgear router and connect it to your modem or access point using an Ethernet cable.
- Then, launch an internet browser on a PC or laptop and type routerlogin.net in the address bar.
- Press Enter to get into the routerlogin window.
- Enter the router login details (username and password) when prompted into the given fields.
- Click on OK once you’re done.
- The router’s BASIC Home page displays.
- Select the Wireless option.
- Enter the router’s new network name (SSID) in thegiven
- Post that, enter the new password in the Password (Network Key)field and click on Apply to Save the changes.
Kudos, you have changed the admin password of your Netgear router. Make sure to include digits, numbers, alphabets, and special characters in the new Netgear router login password. On the off chance you experience any kind of trouble while changing the Netgear router password, consider resetting your device back to default factory values.you can also get Computer and Server on Rent
How to Reset Netgear Router?
There are 2 easy ways to reset Netgear router.
- Using the Reset Button
- Using the Router’s Interface
Have a quick glance on them one by one:
Using the Reset Button
- First things first, verify that your Netgear router’s Powerlight is on.
- Make sure to disconnect your Netgear router from your modem or access point and the client devices.
- Now, on the back or bottom panel of your Netgear router, locate the factory reset hole.
- Grab a paper clip, pin or similar object.
- Press and hold the Netgear router reset hole using the object for a few seconds.
- Release the Netgear router’s factory reset hole.
- Your Netgear router resets successfully.
- Now, access the admin panel of your Netgear device using the default routerlogin username and password.
Reset Using the Router’s Interface
- Open a web browser on a computer or laptop that is connected to your home WiFi.
- Type routerlogin.net in the web browser address bar field. To avoid login issues, it is suggested – do not enter routerlogin.net in the search bar field of the web browser.
You are prompted to login to router.
- Enter the Netgear router login details when prompted and click on Log In. On the off chance if you changed the routerlogin details, use them instead.
- Netgear Genie setup wizard displays.
- Click on the Advanced option.
- Post that, under the Router Information section, click on Reboot.
- Wait for a couple of minutes for your Netgear router to complete the reboot/ reset process.
- That’s it! Your Netgear router has been reset successfully using its web user interface.
Pro Tip: In the event that routerlogin.net not working for you to access the login page of your Netgear device, then fret not! Use the default Netgear router IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1 to login to router, configure it and change its default settings.
Still failed to perform Netgear router password reset even after following the exact steps given-above? Worry not! We are here to help you! Contact us via comments, relax, and leave everything on us.