Is your Netgear WiFi router flashing bright red light? Oops! Looks like you are in some serioustrouble. I went through the exact same problem a couple of months back, so trust me when I say that your WiFi router is in trouble. But, the good news is that I have the perfect solution that you need in order to get rid of this little troublemaker.
In this article, you will not only learn about the ways to troubleshoot the Netgear router red internet light issue but also about various reasons leading to it. So, without further ado, let’s get started users.
Why am I Seeing Red Light on Netgear WiFi Router?
Here are the possible reasons behind the Netgear router red LED light issue:
- Router Not Connected to Modem
Is your Netgear router connected to the existing modem properly? Not sure? Well, it’s high time that you pay attention! The reason being, an improper connection between the your home router and the existing modem will stop you from accessing the routerlogin.netadministrative page.
- Loose Cable Connection
Using an Ethernet cable to connect your Netgear WiFi router and modem? Good choice. But what isn’t good is that your Ethernet cable is loose. Using a loose, damaged, or worn-out Ethernet cable is another reason why your router is blinking red. Not only that, it also stops you from performing Netgear router login. But, fret not. Simply replace the Ethernet cable that you’re using to connect your WiFi devices and you are good to go.
- Movement of WiFi Router
If you have gone through the Netgear manual properly while setting up your router, then you might know that it is ‘supposed’ to stay at one place instead of being shifted again and again. Thus, ensure that you DO NOT move your WiFi router from one place to another constantly.
Now that you have become acquainted with various reasons why you are facing the Netgear WiFi router red internet light issue, it’s time that you learn about the different ways to troubleshoot it.
Follow the troubleshooting steps given below in order to get rid of the Netgear router flashing red issue once and for all.
- Make sure that the firmware of your WiFi router is updated to the latest version.
- Keep your eyes and ears open while setting up your Netgear WiFi router and ensure that all the cable connections are correct. The cable connections are supposed to stay finger-tight.
- Is the wall socket that you’re using to perform routerlogin is damaged? If the answer is yes, then unplug your router and plug it into another wall socket.
- Inspect the Ethernet cable that you’ve used to connect your WiFi devices. Is it properly connecting both your router as well as the modem? If not, then fix the issue. What are you waiting for?
With the assistance of this article, I hope I was able to resolve the issue of Netgear WiFi router blinking red.