A little distraction at work can result in deep cuts and wounds. It is not always possible to run for a medical team. That is why it is advisable to carry a first-aid kit along with you every time. If you have kids at home try to maintain all the safety measures to prevent them from getting injured. Any wounds led to the exposure of internal body tissues to the external environment, leaving a higher risk of infection and inflammation. Minor wounds could be treated at home but large open ones need expert help.
A few homely methods to heal your wound faster are –
- Aloe Vera. The collagen contained within it helps in wound healing and glucomannan promotes cellular regeneration.
- Antibacterial ointment. It prevents infections.
- Honey. It mainly constitutes of antioxidant, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Garlic. It contains antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Turmeric paste. It has antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Coconut oil. It contains antimicrobial properties. Coconut oil on wounds reduces the risk of contracting an infection.
Tips to take care of deep cuts and wounds at home
- Clean your hands to avoid infection.
- Stop the follow of blood by putting a piece of clean cloth or bandage with gentle pressure.
- Clean the wound by placing under running clean tap water to decrease the danger of infection.
- Apply any antibiotic ointment to prevent scarring.
- Cover the wound using a bandage or rolled gauze.
- Change your wound dressing every day.
- Get a tetanus vaccine if not taken in the last five years.
- If the infection spreads then visit a doctor.
For small wounds, just stop the bleeding, clean the area, and apply antibiotic ointment or petroleum jelly. A wound dressing is not required for small cuts.
When to visit a doctor?
One needs to visit a doctor in the following conditions –
- For deeper wounds with uncontrolled bleeding, and cuts on joints need stitches.
- If the wounds show signs of redness, swelling, pus, or excessive pains
- If you are diabetic or have any autoimmune disorders, and the cut is not healing properly, immediately visit an expert.
- In the case of missing tetanus shots for the last ten years requires a doctor help to identify the risk of having tetanus.
- If the flow of blood is continuous and not clotting
- In the case of an animal or human bite, it needs medical attention.
- For an open wound, there is a high risk of Staph Infection, Tetanus, Necrotizing Fasciitis, and developing an ulcer. All these need to be treated in time before it is too late.
If you are unable to visit a doctor’s clinic or any laboratory for check-ups, then look for home care services in Delhi or other states. They provide an instant reply to your call. Reach your home at your convenient time. Collects the blood sample for whatever test you want to. After completion, send your report via email. If you are unable to find any home care services in Delhi with friends’ recommendations, then visit the internet.