Instant pot steak recipe that is easy, quick, juicy and absolutely delicious. This pressure cooker steak recipe is so good you’ll never make steak any other way. Let me show you how to make the best instant pot steak recipe.
WHAT IS MEANT BY STEAK?
A steak is a meat generally sliced across the muscle fibers, potentially including a bone. It is normally grilled, though can also be pan-fried. Steak can also be cooked in sauce, such as in steak and kidney pie, or minced and formed into patties, such as hamburgers.
The word steak originates from the mid-15th century Scandinavian word steik, or stickna’ in the Middle English dialect, along with the Old Norse word steikja. The Oxford English Dictionary’s first reference is to “a thick slice of meat cut for roasting or grilling or frying, sometimes used in a pie or pudding; especially a piece cut from the hind-quarters of the animal.” Subsequent parts of the entry, however, refer to “steak fish”, which referred to “cod of a size suitable for cutting into steaks”, and also “steak-raid”, which was a custom among Scottish Highlanders of giving some cattle being driven through a gentleman’s land to the owner. An early written usage of the word “stekys” comes from a 15th-century cookbook, and makes reference to both beef or venison steaks.
INSTANT POT STEAK RECIPE
This instant pot steak is so juicy, flavorful and cooks in less than 15 minutes! Served with gravy made at the same time as the steak, fries or mashed potatoes and vegetables makes for satisfying, high protein, great weekend or midweek dinner. You can serve it on it’s own or with just gravy if you are on low carb or keto diet.
I used my instant pot duo 7 in 1 6 quart for this recipe but you can also make it in any other electric pressure cooker like ninja foodie, pressure king pro and others. The instant pot 6 quart fits 2 average steak at a time to serve 2.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- It is made without an oven and without a grill.
• The Instant Pot does not dry out the steak at all.
• This Instant Pot steak is easy to make and convenient for weeknights.
• This recipe is Whole30 approved, Paleo, gluten free, dairy free, Keto, sugar free and low carb.
What kinds of steak to use?
We love beef recipes. There are many different kinds of steak you can use. We tend to go with the cheaper steak but have tried these others:
• Tenderloin – Filet Mignon
• NY Strip Steak – Top Loin, Top Sirloin
• Porterhouse – T-bone Steak
• Flank Steak
• Skirt Steak
Can you really cook a steak in instant pot?
You may still be wondering can you really cook steak in the pressure cooker? Yes! You are going to really love this steak instant pot recipe. It cooks just the way you want depending how well you want the center done.
TASTE & TEXTURE
This Instant Pot steak has a strong beef flavor. It tastes like a classic steak! The seasonings add the perfect touch of flavor while allowing the beef flavor to shine.
1. Saute for 5 minutes and add the butter.
2. When it melts, add steak and sear on all sides.
3. Remove the steak from the Instant pot.
4. Add beef stock and stir a bit to clean the bottom.
5. Insert the trivet into the Instant Pot and place the steak on top of the trivet.
6. Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
7. Once the cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release.
8. Open the lid and remove the steak from the Instant pot.
9. Add the starch to the Instant Pot and whisk it with the beef stock.
10. Saute for 5 minutes and for a tasty gravy cook until thickened.
11. Combine remaining butter with garlic in a small bowl.
12. Serve steak topped with garlic butter and the gravy.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Does pressure cooking steak make it tender?
Yes, pressure cooker steak is very tender.
Can you put raw steak in the Instant Pot?
Sure! I like to sear both sides of the steak to add some texture and color, but raw steak is fine in the Instant Pot.