In a very short period, Indian cricket specialist bowler Jasprit Bumrah has established a reputation for himself in international cricket. Bumrah, who is from Gujarat, represents Indian Jersey throughout all game formats.
Personal Information – Jasprit Bumrah
- Full Name: Jasprit Singh Bumrah
- Nickname: Jassi
- Birthdate: 6 December 1993
- Current Age: 29
- Birthplace: Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Nationality: Indian
- School: Ahemadabad’s Nirman High School
- Sister: Juhika Bumrah
- Marital Status: Married to Mrs. Sanjana Ganesan
- Size: 5’9
- Weight: 70 kg
- Eye Color: black
- Hair Color: black
- Favorite Rivalry: Australia
- Favored delivery method: yorker
- Favorite Actor: Amitabh Bachchan
- Favorite Cricketer: Sachin Tendulkar
- The estimated value of Jasprit Bumrah’s net worth is US$4.5 million (28.5 crores), while his yearly salary is US$1.8 million (Rs 11.4crores)
Bumrah’s Early Years
Bumrah was born to the (late) Jasbir Singh and his mother Dalbir Kaur in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Jasprit Bumrah began to play domestic cricket with Gujarat despite being from a state that is not well recognized for developing fast bowlers. In 2013, he played his first-ever first-class cricket against Vidarbha, taking seven wickets. He turned out to become the tournament’s top wicket-taker.
The Indian cricket player finished high school at Nirman High School. The Indian bowler has always had a strong passion for sports. More time was spent playing cricket than studying by him. Later, he enrolled at Ahmadabad’s Local Cricket Academy to pursue professional cricket.
In the 2012–2013 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, Bumrah faced Maharashtra in his debut T20 match. For his incredible performance with 3/14 in the match, he was also given the “man of the match” performance award.
Personal Life of Jasprit Bumrah
On December 6, 1993, Jasprit Bumrah was welcomed by Dalbir Kaur and Jasbir Singh. His mother Daljeet served as the head of Nirman High School, while his father Jasbir Singh was an entrepreneur who owned a chemical manufacturing facility. When Bumrah was only seven years old, his father passed away, leaving his mother to take on all of the household duties.
International Career for Jasprit
On January 27, 2016, Bumrah played his first T20 match against Australia and earned his T-20 cricket debut against Australia. He set the record for taking the most T20 International wickets (28) in a single year. Bumrah was instrumental in India’s victory on 8 January 2017, during the second T20 series of England in the year 2016–17 tour of India – he had four overs and took two wickets while giving up 20 runs. With England requiring eight runs to win, he got two wickets in his final over of bowling while only allowing two runs to be scored.
He was named “Player of the Match” and bowled a superb yorker on the last ball when 6 runs were needed. Bumrah collected his most wickets i.e. 15 for any pace bowler in such a bilateral One Day International tournament of five or lesser games during the 2017-18 Sri Lanka Tour. He is notable for throwing a no-ball that resulted in a wicket during the 2017 Champions Trophy final. The batsman, Fakhar Zaman, went on to score the century that won the game.
He was included in India’s Test Squad in November 2017 for their matchup with South Africa. On January 5, 2018, he played in his first Test match for our country against South Africa at Newlands, Cape Town. Jasprit Bumrah bowled AB D’Villiers cleanly for 65 runs to claim his first Test wicket. During the third Match of the test series of India’s 2017–18 visit to South Africa, which was contested in Johannesburg, Bumrah recorded his maiden 5 wicket- haul in a Test match. He had a final score of 5/54 after 18.5 overs. He was included in Cricbuzz’s One Day International XI of the year.
In the third Test of India’s 2018 tour of England, played at Trent Bridge, Bumrah recorded his second five-wicket haul in a Test, finishing with statistics of 5/85 from 29 overs when India thrashed England by 203 runs, which was a huge international cricket live match score. India won their 1st ever Test series in Australia in 2018 thanks to Bumrah’s superior performance against Australia. Following the series, Bumrah made history by being the first Asian pacer to take up five wickets in a row in South Africa, England, and Australia.
He got chosen for the Indian World Cup team in 2019. He was ranked among the top five intriguing debutants in the 2017 tournament by ICC. In the game against Sri Lanka, he took his 100th wicket, passing Mohammad Shami to become the second-quickest to do so.
Achievements of Jasprit Bumrah
- On January 27, 2016, Jasprit Bumrah played his first international cricket match, losing to Australia.
- In 2017, Jasprit Bumrah was included in Cricbuzz’s ODI XI for the year.
- In 2018, Bumrah was chosen to Cricbuzz’s Test XI and ESPN CricInfo’s ODI XI for the year.
- In England, Australia, and South Africa in the year 2018, he picked up five-wicket hauls, making him the first Asian bowler to do so. During the third Test of the Indian Tour of South Africa 2017–18 in Johannesburg (5/54), Bumrah recorded his first five-wicket haul in Tests.
- The ICC nominated Bumrah to its Test XI for 2018.
- The ICC-2018 placed Jasprit Bumrah in the World ODI International XI.
- He was chosen as one of the members of the ‘Team of the Tournament’ in the said 2019 ICC World Cup by the ICC and ESPNCricinfo.
- Jasprit Bumrah, the captain of India, in the year 2022, surpassed the famous Brian Lara’s record by one run when he battered the helpless Stuart Broad with 29 runs to set a new global record for the most runs scored in a single over of Test cricket. Lara held the global record for 18 years; in a Test match in 2003–04, he scored 28 runs against South African left-arm bowler Robin Peterson, including 4 fours and two sixes from six legal deliveries.
- He joined the first Indian side to ever defeat the Australian Team in a test series played on Australian soil.
- Even though the game’s experts never truly regarded Bumrah as a test bowler, his test wickets talk for themselves.
At the age of just 19, Jasprit Bumrah earned his Indian Premier League debut. He picked up three wickets in only his maiden game, making him only the 2nd bowler in tournament history to do so. Bumrah was bought back by Mumbai Indians in 2014 and has since been a staple for them.
Last but not least, Bumrah is renowned for his odd bowling motion. He can routinely bowl between 140 and 145 km/h (87–90 mph). He is now among the quickest bowlers not just in India but also in the entire world thanks to this.
Know all about cricket news and updates at CBTF news.
Get the fastest cricket news update at https://cbtfspeednews.com/.
Know all about cricket betting and updates at CBTF betting.
Get the updated expert betting tips at https://cricketbettingtipsfree.com/
Checkout our videos to get the latest updates about cricket and betting tips, and casino
tips to win big with expert opinions at https://www.cbtfmytube.com/.