If you own a Netgear EX2700 WiFi range extender, then you might be well aware of the endless benefits that it bestows. However, you cannot deny that it has certain drawbacks too, can you? I guess the answer to this question is a big yes.
The issues that you face with your range extender sometimes do not get resolved through the basic troubleshooting steps. And that is exactly where performing a factory reset comes into the picture. There can be a number of reasons why you need to reset your Netgear EX2700 extender.
To know more about why your extender needs to go back to its factory default settings, scroll down and continue reading.
What Is the Need to Reset Your Netgear Range Extender?
- Your EX2700 WiFi range extender stops working out of the blue.
- Switching from one access mode to another might generate the need for you to reset your Netgear range extender.
- If you come across a random issue while performing a Netgear EX2700 setup, you get another reason to reset your extender to its factory default settings.
- Have you changed your Internet Service Provider? If yes, then you need to configure your Netgear extender again.
- While setting up your extender, in case you aren’t able to see i.e. Netgear-Ext, then you need to reset your WiFi device.
Now, that you have become familiar with the various reasons why you ought to reset your Netgear WiFi range extender, it’s time you learn how to.
There are two different methods through which you can restore your extender to its factory default settings. The first is by pressing the Reset button and the second is by using the web interface. Keep reading.
How to Reset Your Netgear Extender Via the Reset Button?
- Firstly, make sure that your Netgear range extender is receiving an adequate power supply.
- Then, locate the Reset button on your extender.
- Once found, take an oil pin or toothpick, and press the Reset button.
- Wait for a couple of seconds and release the Reset button.
As soon as you release the Reset button, know that you have successfully restored your Netgear range extender to its factory default settings.
How to Reset Your Netgear Extender Via Web Interface?
- Ensure that your Netgear EX2700 range extender is properly connected to the router.
- If you are using an Ethernet cable to connect your devices, keep in mind that it isn’t worn-out.
- After pressing the Power button on the extender, switch on your personal computer.
- Open a web browser of your choice, access www.mywifiext.net, and press the Enter key.
- As soon as you hit Enter, you need to enter the default login username and password.
- Done? Good. Now, click on the Log In option to proceed.
- Then, click on Menu > Settings > Other Settings > Reset.
- The minute the confirmation dialogue box appears on the screen of your computer, hit OK.
In order to make sure that your Netgear extender gets restored properly to its factory default settings, wait for a couple of minutes, and let your WiFi device reboot itself.
Quick Tip: Not able to access mywifiext.net through your Mac device? Oops. You need to make use mywifiext.local in that scenario.
You are free to use any of the reset methods for your extender that I’ve mentioned above. In case you get stuck at any point, don’t hesitate before reaching out to me.