Most production companies now absorb the use of sustainable and eco-friendly packaging solutions for their products. Eco-friendly packaging and design are indeed one of the major environmental solutions for the future. Sustainable packaging is healthy for the environment, but it also saves companies lots of money compared to other packaging methods.
What is sustainable packaging? This can be explained as a packaging method that reduces the effects of environmental hazards. The need for small businesses to implement sustainable packaging would be pretty helpful for the environment and the company since there would be a need to use fewer materials for production.
As a small company, switching to sustainable packaging can be a drastic process in terms of cost, but there are small business loans available for you when you search the right way. Apart from implementing eco-friendly packaging into your company, your product design and package is also essential. To make this effective, you can use small business loans to cover the cost of protecting your goods, packaging them for delivery, and ensuring the environment is healthy. In this article, we are discussing the benefits of sustainable packaging for your small business.
The Benefits of Sustainable Packaging for Your Brand
All has been said about sustainable packaging, and the question remains: what are the benefits to your business? Let’s take a look at the options below.
- Sustainable packaging saves small companies a lot of money on packaging their products. This packaging method is cheaper to produce, cost-effective since the packaging can be reusable or recycled.
- Any sustainable materials used by small businesses are either compostable or recyclable, allowing easy disposal and limiting the amount of waste that the environment is subject to.
- Sustainable packaging materials allow manufacturers to use the materials over a long period and package any type of product, whether edible or not.
- Sustainable materials are eco-friendly and this brings an increase in sales for small enterprises as customers are attracted to products packaged with eco-friendly materials.
- There is an avenue to create more storage space for your business when using sustainable packaging materials. By saving space for your business products, you also maximize your profits and save costs.
Great eco-friendly packaging ideas you should consider.
Sustainable packaging is a method implemented by a lot of companies and small businesses. Below are some of the eco-friendly packaging ideas you can consider for your business:
You can recycle biomaterials easily for future use, and examples of biomaterials are paper and cardboard. Biodegradable plastics are another innovation that is perfect for the packaging of foods and other edible products.
Created by the Japanese, Furoshiki uses cloth fabric to replace the traditional wrapping paper for the packaging of products. This wrapping cloth can be reusable as often as possible as it eliminates waste and is also eco-friendly. Furoshiki is derived from different types of fabric materials for exceptional design.
Edible packaging uses edible plants to package foods, allowing customers to eat their products and the materials used for packaging them and reducing waste. Several brands have adopted this sustainable packaging method. For example, Evoware, which packs its sandwiches with edible seaweed.
This sustainable packaging method packages products with plantable materials. For example, the use of plantable gift cards, candle covers, wedding cards and so on. Plant packaging reduces waste since it is planted in your backyard to grow different types of flowers after the products are used.
Innovative packaging uses QR codes to prevent food poisoning and waste by allowing customers to identify the freshness of the food before purchase. Temperature, acidity, and bacterial growth present in the food are ways to determine the food’s freshness. Smart packaging is also a universal, sustainable packaging method used by cosmetics and pharmaceutical companies.
Sustainable packaging can benefit your small business in many ways and prevent the environment from decaying. Consumers are prone to purchase products from eco-friendly companies nowadays, making your small company desirable to many. Do not limit your chances of using these eco-friendly packaging materials for your business due to lack of funds, as you can make use of the small business loans made available.