Pamper Routine: A Day of Self Care
With all the stresses of everyday life, it’s important that we take time outs. Pampering does not always need to come with a heavy price tag or mean an entire day at the spa. You can enjoy some quality me-time in the comforts of your home. After all, everyone deserves a break. Whether you’re looking for a refresher from your work-from-home routine or just need something to uplift your mood, here are 8 relaxing ways to pamper yourself at home, from indulging in a swim spa hot tub combo to watching a happy movie.
- Get a foot spa. Create a DIY foot soak with warm water, a few drops of eucalyptus oil (or any essential oil of your choice), and half a cup of Epsom salt. You can also add rose flower petals for a faint scent (plus, they look cute!). Soak your feet for 15 to 20 minutes, and then gently dry them with a soft towel.
Tip: Add a few drops of lavender oil to your foot soak for a calming aromatherapy.
- Give yourself a long warm bath. Taking a shower is an effective pick-me-up activity that wakes your entire body up. However, a nice luxurious warm bath in a swim spa hot tub combo is a whole new level of relaxation. Reward yourself with an excellent hot tub session on weekends after a work-filled week.
- Use an indulging moisturizer. Sometimes, a good old body lotion is enough to relax the body. Apply it to your hands, arms, feet, and legs while giving yourself simple massage strokes. You can use an aromatic variant for that added relaxation or opt for an unscented one if you have sensitive skin. Oils are also a good moisturizer. Sunflower oil is lightweight and is perfect for body massages. Another option is coconut oil, which is known for its anti-bacterial and hydrating properties.
- Put on a face care mask. There are different kinds of facial masks available in the market that target various skin concerns. However, you can also DIY an all-natural mask with ingredients you can easily find in your kitchen. One recipe you can try is green tea and rose water. Mix a tablespoon of green tea powder with two tablespoons of rose water until it reaches a thick consistency. Green tea effectively detoxifies the skin, while rose water soothes any redness and irritation you may have.
- Watch a feel-good movie. A happy movie can instantly lift our moods. So, go on and get some snacks, put on your cozy socks, and wear your fanciest pajamas. Here are movie recommendations you can find on Netflix: Matilda, Set It Up, The Princess Switch, and Love Harder.
- Pick up a book. Whether it’s a new read, a favorite pick, or a classic novel story, there is something about reading a book that calms the mind. It almost seems like we are transported to a whole new dimension whenever we start reading. This is a go-to activity when you want to spend some time alone while you refresh and recharge your social battery.
- Make yourself a cup of tea. Most spas, especially the fancy ones, offer spa water or hot tea. You can easily make one at home, too. Brew chamomile and then add a splash of hot milk for a calming cup of tea. If you prefer a cold drink, you can add lemon slices, mint leaves, and chopped fruits like strawberries, peaches, or oranges to your ice water.
- Call a friend or a loved one. Many of us frequently overlook this simple act (I am guilty of it, too!). We sometimes forget how a quick call to catch up with our friends and family members can instantly make us feel good. So, whenever you feel tired from work, responsibilities, or life in general, take a pause and make that phone call.
Having an at-home self-care day can be just as relaxing as a day spent someplace expensive and fancy. It would be best to choose a day when there are no interruptions, light a candle, and wear your most comfortable clothes, and this will surely become your new pampering routine.