Performing Netgear Nighthawk setup is the best option to consider if you want to access a blazing-fast and lag-free internet connection. There are two different ways through which you can perform Netgear router setup. The first is by accessing the routerlogin.net login page, and the second is using the Nighthawk application.
In this article, we have thoroughly explained both setup methods. By the time, you’ve reached the end of this article; you’ll surely know how to set up a Netgear Nighthawk router in your home. So, scroll down, and read on.
How to Install Netgear Router Using Manual Method?
By following the instructions mentioned below, you can configure a Netgear Nighthawk router using the Manual method:
- Unbox the Netgear Nighthawk router.
- Plug the router into the wall outlet and power it on.
Note: Make sure that your router is getting an adequate and a fluctuation-free power supply from the wall outlet.
- Wait for the LED to turn green.
- Once the LED becomes solid green, connect your wireless router to the existing modem using a wireless source or an Ethernet cable.
Note: If you use an Ethernet cable to create a connection between your Netgear wireless router and the modem, ensure that it is free of damages.
- Switch on your computer and launch an internet browser. You can use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari, etc.
- In the address bar of the internet browser, type routerlogin.net.
- Press the Enter key.
Note: If routerlogin.net doesn’t let you log in to your Netgear Nighthawk router, then consider using the default IP address of your wireless device.
- Hitting Enter will take you to the Nighthawk router login page.
- You will be prompted to enter the default username and password of your device.
- So, fill in the default login credentials into their respective fields.
- Click Log In.
- You will get welcomed by the BASIC Home screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions displayed on the dashboard.
By following these instructions, you’ll be able to perform Netgear Nighthawk setup using the Manual method.
How to Install Netgear Router Using Nighthawk App?
If you want to use your mobile device to perform Netgear router setup, then consider downloading the Nighthawk application. Wondering how to do that? Follow the guidelines mentioned below and learn to configure your router using the Nighthawk app:
- Unlock your mobile device.
- Go to the Google Play Store (Android) or the Apple Store (Apple).
- Type Netgear Nighthawk app in the search bar.
- Tap the Search icon.
- From the displayed results, select the Nighthawk app, and tap Download.
- Wait patiently for the application to get installed on your mobile device.
Note: Do not perform any background activities while the Netgear Nighthawk app is in the process of getting installed. Otherwise, you might run into technical issues.
- Once the app gets installed, create a Netgear account using your full name, email address, and password.
- Then, log in to your Netgear wireless router using the default username and password.
Note: If you are not certain regarding the username and password of your Netgear router, then consider referring to the user manual. You will find every bit of information regarding your device in there.
- Tap Log In.
- On the Netgear Genie dashboard, follow the on-screen instructions.
In this manner, you’ll be able to perform Netgear router setup using the Nighthawk app.
Our guide to perform Netgear router setup using the Manual method and Nighthawk app has come to an end here. Here is to hope that the aforementioned guidelines will help you install a wireless router without any hassle in your home. If they do, then do leave a word of appreciation in the comment section. We would love to hear that we could help.