Updating the firmware of your router can improve internet connectivity and also keeps the router safe and secure. So, it is recommended to install the latest technology updates in order to keep your network secure and away from unidentified and mysterious people. Most of the routers in today’s modern world have a built-in update checker that may or may not perform the process by itself. You are supposed to perform the task of Netgear Troubleshooting i.e. firmware updates on your own.
Netgear Support: Find your Router’s Address
- Check your Router for Address
Access your router’s default settings simply by entering its IP address into field of the address bar of a web browser. In case, you are using Mac, skip this step and proceed toward the next section.
- Open the Start Menu
On the screen displayed after typing the default IP address, type ‘network status’, which will open the window ‘view network status and task’.
- Enter your Network Name
You are now supposed to click the name of your current connection that is situated at the top-right corner of your home screen. It also consists of an icon that is indicating toward the type of internet connection you are presently using. Be certain that you are properly attached to the router’s WiFi network.
After that, check the ‘details’ button in the appeared window (new). Now, find the IPv4 ‘default gateway entry’. The IP address displayed will be your device’s default address.
Netgear helpline: Find your Router’s Mac Address
- Check your Router
In order to access the router’s configuration page (web interface), you have to enter the default IP address into the URL bar of a web browser. Also, check whether your device is overheated or not. It shouldn’t be. Place your router at a higher table away from the cordless phones and Bluetooth devices.
In case, you are using an Apple Airport router, then click the Apple menu and click ‘system preferences’. A ‘system preference’ window will display.
- Hit the ‘network button’. This process will display the list of your active network connections.
- Now, you have to select and save the active network connection that belongs to you. Make sure that your computer is physically connected to the router’s network.
- For a new window, click the ‘advanced’ button.
Netgear Router Login: Installing Router Updates
- Chose the central location of your house for the placement of the router.
- Connect your modem, computer, and router with each other via Ethernet cable.
- According to your desire, open a web browser and type the default IP address of your device into the URL bar.
- Enter the default login information of username and password. Do not leave both fields ‘blank’.
- For SSID Netgear Router Password, contact our tech support team.
- After getting the default details, open the ‘firmware’ or ‘router upgrade page’.
- Click the ‘check’ button to see the updates available for your device.
- Download the latest firmware with a link.
- Contact us on the toll-free number shared above if no link is given.
- Enter the router’s model number in to the ‘support site’s’ search. After that, find the ‘latest firmware’ files. Avoid downloading the existing version you are already using.
- ZIP the file and save it to your desktop screen. Now, upload the file to your router.
- Apply Netgear Router Reset process if the update fails.