A proxy browser allows its users to browse online looking at different sites without actually being connected to them, as it is a proxy server site. There are a lot available online and it is good not just for personal uses and browsing but also for businesses too. The internet user connects to this browser rather than the one they usually use and do whatever search they need, whether it is for a resource, service, connection, page or file and then the proxy uses its filtering rules to fulfil that search while also doing things like filtering traffic by addresses or by IP protocols.
Many web proxies are available
There are a lot of options when it comes to choosing a proxy browser online. 911 proxy is a good example of a reputable site that offers good service. But if you want to research more you also look on forums and check what other people have to say and how effective they are. There are different types so it depends on what you prefer and what you want to achieve, for example, there are intercepting proxies, anonymizing proxies, caching web proxies, hostile proxies and content-filtering proxies to name just a few.
Why use a proxy browser?
With a proxy browser, there is no downtime so you can use them anytime you need to whatever time of day it is. Here are some of the advantages you can enjoy;
- Stay anonymous as you surf the net. When you use a standard browser every site you visit takes your personal data including potential things like usernames and passwords and it is recorded. With a proxy browser, you cannot be traced or recorded.
- You can speed up how quickly you can access online sites and resources because you are not waiting for it to buffer.
- Using something like 911 proxy you can filter the content so that certain websites are blocked which is a good way to stop your children from seeing things they should not at home, and a good thing to have in places like schools. At work, it is a way to stop your employees from using the internet at work for personal use, wasting time, and losing profit.
- On the other hand, you could also use the proxy to get around the fact that certain sites have been blocked by someone! You could access your social media sites at work or in college still.
- If you are concerned about issues around hacking and having your details stolen as the result of hacking and malware you can use proxy browsers to prevent that from happening.
- When you use a proxy you can also use it to audit internet usage for example a business could receive reports on internet usage and sites being visited.
- With a proxy, you can surf the internet safely protected from issues that happen often online such as spyware, viruses and malicious software.